TO JOIN OUR TEAM
Please forward your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
KORE-TEK’s advanced optical engineers help service provider, enterprise and state/local government companies address complex network implementation projects with optical fiber solutions that ensure performance and customer expectations of project timing and budgets are succeeded or improved.
We are currently looking for a highly self-motivated, experienced optical engineer to handle integration projects.
Network Optical Engineer
- Lead various aspects of KORE-TEK optical integration projects including planning, staging, integration, documentation and support of solutions for KORE-TEK’s customers
- Collect information from customers and customer facilities
- Provide high-level design and consulting services
- Train customers on installed products and overall network implementation
- Work closely with sales engineers to seamlessly transition projects from beginning to end
- Provide consultative support and mentor other network engineers in major account opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous optical network integration experience, service provider experience is desired
- 4+ years of experience with all Cisco 15454 (M2, M6, & M12) series products, experience with other vendors is desired as KORE-TEK is channel and vendor friendly
- Experience with designing and updating Cisco optical networks using Cisco design tool CTP
- Must have extensive knowledge with Cisco MSTP (DWDM) platform
- Understand CD & PMD and its importance in designing DWDM networks
- Be able to test 1G, 2.5G, 10G, 100G, Fiber Channel using EXFO or JDSU test equipment
- Cisco Optical Specialist, CCNP, CCIP or CCIE (R&S, Security, Service Provider) certifications are highly desirable and/or preferred
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to learn, understand and articulate multiple service provider architectures, services and products
- Ability to take direction and work within timelines
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Visio and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds
- Ability to physically install any network components, wiring, connectors, etc.
- Salaried position includes 40 – 50 hour plus work week
- Must be dependable and able to work outside the normal Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM workweek
- Extensive travel may be required at times
- Residence in Minnesota is not necessary. Relocation is not required